- 4th annual Women’s March demonstrations were held in Washington, DC and around the nation
- Kobe Bryant and 8 others including his daughter perished in a helicopter crash
- Parasite became the first foreign-language film to win top honors from the Screen Actors Guild
- Billy Eilish swept all-the-categories-that-matter at the Grammy’s with her album, Bad Guy
- Taika Waititi won the Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay, and Parasite took home Best Picture at the 92nd Academy Awards
- Trump was acquitted by a bunch of old white folks in the Senate
- Mayor Pete Buttigieg won the Iowa Democratic presidential caucuses - seriously, that happened
- Jennifer Lopez and Shakira co-headlined the ... whatever that wasn't important...
- I had major surgery to correct for sleep apnea
It's truly amazing how things escalated so quickly. In just a few months, the world, our country, and our lives have been changed by the coronavirus – some welcome changes: bye-bye handshakes, business attire, and crowded bars; and some unwelcome changes: Broadway shows, group hugs, dinner parties, and crowded bars. Well, Jeff & Marty – can't wait to catch up about the trip - doesn't that seem like forever ago? And as I’m not able to do Picard just yet, thank you! I got your postcard.